FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How Only Online Auctions work?
THE ONLINE BIDDING PROCESS:
• The lot number with its image and description.
• Auction items have a “Place Bid” button next to a box for entering bids and show a “current bid” price.
• Lot items are open to bids for a predetermined amount of time (countdown).
• When time is up, the item is declared “sold” to the highest bidder.
• If the maximum bid you entered is higher than the bids entered by anyone else so far, you become the new high bidder. The system bids on your behalf until you are outbid.
• If your maximum bid is not the highest bid entered so far, the system registers your bid but continues to bid on behalf of the high bidder, automatically outbidding you by one bid increment.
• The system continues to automatically bid on behalf of whoever is the highest bidder at the moment, up to and including their maximum, until the lot auction countdown runs out.
• The system will automatically increase your bid by the bid increment, only if you have been outbid, until it reaches your MAXIMUM BID.
• Changing your bid: You may change your bid at anytime between the posting
date and the closing date, but cannot be deleted
• Once the bid is placed it cannot be cancelled
• Antiquorum cannot be held responsible for errors, omissions in the online system
• Lots in this sale are sold as is and cannot be cancelled or returned
Q: How can I register to bid online?
A: Please select “Bidder Registration” from the menu “Auctions” of the website. Please note that bidder registration closes 2 hours before the auction.
Q: How do I bid or watch a live classic auction?
A: Links will be available 1 hour before each session on www.antiquorum.swiss, our live system is fully compatible with mobile devices via a web browser.
Click « Bid Live » to bid (You must be registered for the auction and approved by the Antiquorum bidder manager). Please use Paddle and PIN numbers in order to bid. If you’ve lost these, please see below.
Click « Watch only » to watch the auction.
It is important to know that since December 2018, the Antiquorum app is no longer available, we will work on a new release in the future. Clients will only be able to bid or watch the auction via web browser on www.antiquorum.swiss. Due to this change, we suggest uninstalling all previous Antiquorum Apps.
Q: What do I do if I’ve lost my Paddle and PIN numbers for a classic auction ?
A: After having registered to bid at auction, you will be sent an email containing both numbers. If you have misplaced that email, please sign into your account on www.antiquorum.swiss click on your name and onto “profile”. At the end of the popup window, you will be able to see both your Paddle and PIN number.
Q: I’ve been an active bidder in the past, but my email and password are not working. Why is that?
A: Since December 2018, Antiquorum has changed the online bidding platform. For security reasons, all bidders must reset their password to enable login.
Q: Why is my bid request pending?
A: Please note that to complete your registration and bid at auction you need to send us either a copy of your Passport or any official ID document.
To send via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Antiquorum usually approves a bid request within one business day.
Q. Where Can I Find the Antiquorum Auction Online Bidding App?
A: Since December 2018, the Antiquorum App is no longer be available. We are currently working on a new release; at the moment you only able to bid via web browser on www.antiquorum.swiss. Due to this change, we suggest uninstalling all previous Antiquorum Apps.
Q: What are the requirements to use the Online Bidding System? Do I need to install a PlugIn on my internet browser to use the bidding system on Pc or Mac?
A: Online Bidding System Requirements:
“Windows” operating system based computers:
“Mac” operating system based computers:
“iOS” operating system based devices:
*The above requirements ensure the best performance of Antiquorum’s Bidding System.
** Antiquorum Bidding System should work with “Internet Explorer” . However, it is strongly recommended using “Chrome” or “Safari” on a “Windows” based computer.
Q: I have the Antiquorum app installed on my phone or tablet but it doesn’t work.
A: As previously stated, we are working on a brand new release of the App, we suggest you subscribe to our newsletter to receive all notifications. We recommend uninstalling all previous versions of the Antiquorum App.
Q: When does the absentee bidding close for a classic auction?
A: The absentee bidding closes 2 hours before the auction.