FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How Only Online Auctions work?
THE ONLINE BIDDING PROCESS:
THE SYSTEM OFFERS MANY FEATURES TO FACILITATE THE ONLINE BIDDING PROCESS:
• The lot number with its image and description.
• Auction items have a “Place Bid” button. Once clicked on, a box appears for entering bids and underneath a dropdown menu with predefined bids to be selected. A bid button to confirm your bid.
• Lot items are open to bids for a predetermined amount of time (countdown).
• When time is up, the item is declared “sold” to the highest bidder.
• If you are the highest bidder. You will see the message “winning | bidding (the amount you are winning with)” and in parenthesis the max bid you are willing to put for the current lot. The system bids on your behalf until you are outbid. The system will automatically increase your bid by the bid increment, only if you have been outbid, until it reaches your MAXIMUM BID.
• If your bid is not the highest bid entered so far, the system registers your bid but continues to bid on behalf of the high bidder, automatically outbidding you by one bid increment. If your bid is not winning, you will see the message “outbid” and the current price for the lot will appear.
• If two buyers bid the same max bid for the same lot, the first bidder will be the one winning the lot until someone outbids him.
• The system continues to automatically bid on behalf of whoever is the highest bidder at the moment, up to and including their maximum, until the lot auction countdown runs out.
• If the highest bid is outbid on the last minute before a lot is sold, a countdown timer of 1 minute is added to it. During this one minute, if a new bid is placed, the timer is reset to 1 minute for any buyer to bid more. Once the timer reaches 0, the lot is sold.
• Once you place your max bid on a lot, it is impossible to cancel it.
• You cannot lower your max bid.
• Antiquorum cannot be held responsible for errors, or omissions in the online system
• Lots in this sale are sold as is and cannot be cancelled or returned
How do I bid or watch a live classic auction?
Links will be available 1 hour before each session on www.antiquorum.swiss.
Click « Bid Live » to bid (You must be registered for the auction and approved by the Antiquorum bidder manager). Please log in with your email and password in order to bid. If you’ve forgot your password, please select password forgotten and follow the instructions.
Click « Watch only » to watch the auction.
We are happy to announce the launch of our new application. This application allows you to bid remotely at your convenience and manage your bids as the live auction happens.
Please download here for iphone : Antiquorum app
Please download here for android : Antiquorum Application
How can I register to bid online?
Please select “Register to bid” after logging into your account. If you are new, please create your account. Fill up all the information requested. Once submitted, your demand will be treated by our registration team up to 48h after receiving it. Further information will be requested by email. When everything has been checked, your request will be accepted and you will be able to bid on our platform.
Why is my bid request pending?
Please note that to complete your registration and bid at the auction you need to send us either a copy of your Passport or any official ID document.
To send via E-mail: email@example.com