STATEMENT OF CONDITION
Antiquorum and MC Luxury Auction provides descriptions of watches, clocks and jewelry and their condition in this catalogue as a service to prospective buyers.
Any such description or condition are statements of opinion for general guidance and should not be treated as statements of fact. All lots are sold “AS IS” at the moment of “knockdown” and cannot be returned on the grounds that repairs have been made or parts supplied by anyone than the named makers.
All watches and jewelry shall be viewed personally to evaluate their condition prior to the auction.
Although we endeavor to mention in our descriptions significant defects, needed repairs, absent stones and the like, we do not guarantee that the descriptions are comprehensive.
Please note that descriptions may not specify all mechanical and technical defects, replacement of original parts, or authenticity of individual component parts (such as wheels, hands, crowns, crystals, screws, bracelets, buckles, deployant clasps and leather bands since subsequent repairs and restoration work may have resulted without Antiquorum’s knowledge.)
Furthermore, we make no judgments as to whether diamond dials, diamond bezels, diamonds and precious stones originated at the factory or are later additions.
We do not guarantee the accuracy or operation of any watch function such as timekeeping, chronograph, calendar, repeat or register.
Buyers are advised that boxes, certificates or any other accessories are not available unless stated otherwise. The dimensions given in the catalogue descriptions are overall tip-to-tip and most often include the lugs. The weight is provided ‘GROSS’ (the entire watch with the bracelet).
Buyers of water-resistant and waterproof watches are strongly encouraged to have such watches inspected by a competent watchmaker of their choice upon purchase since these watches have been opened by the Antiquorum watch experts during cataloging. Watches and jewelry may not be taken apart whilst on view without consent of Antiquorum’s watch experts.
Antiquorum and MC Luxury Auction will accept requests for condition reports with additional photographs via email at email@example.com.
To best accommodate any requests, please submit all inquiries no later than two days prior to the sale date. Kindly limit the number of requests to the lots of serious interest. Antiquorum and MC Luxury Auction shall have no responsibility for any error or omission in the condition reports and may not specify all mechanical and technical replacements, imperfections, repairs, restorations or the effects of aging in the movement, case or dial.
• Antiquorum and MC Luxury Auction now takes credit cards as payment for lots won at auction (Master Card, Visa, Amex). Additional charge will apply : depending on the card used between 1,8 and 2,59%.
• For buyers having paid by credit card, a shipping delay of 3 to 7 working days may apply in order to do additional controls.
IMPORT/EXPORT restrictions taxes
Buyers are advised that Antiquorum and MC Luxury Auction will remove bands made of materials derived from endangered or otherwise protected species (i.e alligator, caiman, lizard, snake…) prior to shipping lots abroad.
Buyers are responsible for compliance with any applicable export and import regulations. Moreover certain items made of tortoiseshell, ivory, coral may be subject to importation restrictions in certain countries.
Please consult your local customs authority for information on importing items made of these materials. The Buyer is responsible for the payment of all applicable import and export duties and taxes related to the lots purchased.
Buyers are advised that lots from outside the UE : (identified by an*) are submitted to commissions and taxes :
• If the lot is delivered within the EU : a 20% import VAT is due on the hammer price with buyer’s premium, plus 120€ for termination of temporary export, at buyer’s expense.
• If the lot is delivered outside EU : 120€ for termination of temporary export is due, at buyer’s expense.
In accordance with the current legislation, lots of 50 years or older, with a value of 50’000 EUR or more (identified by an **), will require an export license and/or an export passport, for which will apply on your behalf to the French Ministry of Culture. Note, it may take 1 to 3 month(s) to obtain this license or passport. Antiquorum (Antiquorum Genève SA, Antiquorum Auctioneer HK Ltd, MCLA, Antiquorum Auctioneer SRL) cannot be held responsible for any delays in the application process.
SHIPPING and INSURANCE
Winning lots (watches and jewelry only) will be available for pick up at our Monaco office for buyers having selected the collect point Monaco and at our hong Kong office for buyers having selected the collect point Hong Kong. All others will be shipped directly to their location as per buyer’s instructions.
Please note that buyers are responsible for all shipping fees and any other applicable fees including value added tax, customs duties… for importation to their respective countries.
In addition, purchases items will no longer ba available for pick-up at Antiquorum USA, Inc. nor Antiquorum Genève SA.
BUYER’S PREMIUM WATCHES AND JEWELS
In addition to the hammer price, the buyer’s premium is payable as follows :
In addition to the hammer price, the buyer’s premium is payable as follows :
30% including VAT (25% excluding VAT) until € 1 000 000
24% including VAT (20% excluding VAT) from € 1 000 001 to € 5 000 000
18% including VAT (15% excluding VAT) for all amounts in excess of € 5 000 001.
For users of Invaluable bidding platform, extra fees (5% of the hammer price) will be charged. For users of Antiquorum bidding platform, there won’t be any extra fees.
CONDITIONS DE VENTE ABRÉGÉES
• Les ordres d’achats sont traités au mieux des intérêts du client. Ils doivent nous parvenir au plus tard le matin de la vente.
• Les frais d’adjudications sont de 30 % toutes taxes incluses, ils sont rajoutés au prix d’adjudication pour chaque lot.
• Les lots marqués * sont soumis au régime de la TVA sur les importations.
• Les acheteurs sont priés de payer leurs achats dans un délai maximal de 10 jours à compter du jour de la vente par chèque (délai d’encaissement de 10 jours), virement sur le compte bancaire de MC Luxury Auctio, en espèces dans les limites légales monégasques, ou en carte Visa, MasterCard ou Amex moyennant …% de frais en sus.
• Les lots ne seront délivrés qu’après règlement complet de la facture. Les frais expéditions, incluant l’assurance, sont à la charge de l’acheteur.
• Aucune garantie n’est donnée sur l’état de fonctionnement des montres et pendules, y compris l’étanchéité des montres.
• Un rapport de condition peut vous être communiqué sur demande en amont de la vente aux enchères.
• Les conditions de ventes complètes sont en Français à la fin de catalogue.
EXTRACT FROM THE SALES CONDITIONS
• Absente bids are processed in the best interest of the client. They must arrive no later than the morning of the sale.
• The buyer’s premium is 30% all taxes included added on the hammer price on each lot.
• Lots marked with * are subject to the law of VAT on imports.
• Buyers are required to pay for their purchases within a maximum of 10 days from the day of the auction sale, either by bank check ( 10-day collection delay) wire transfer on MC Luxury’ account, by cash within Monaco’s legal limitations, or using a MasterCard,Visa or Amex (… extra fee).
• The lots will be delivered after full payment of the invoice. Shipping charges, including insurance, will be charged to the buyer.
• No guarantee is given on working order of watches and clocks, including the water-resistant for the watches.
• A condition report can be given on request before the auction.
• Definitive terms of sale are in french at the end of the catalogue.