STATEMENT OF CONDITION
Antiquorum provides descriptions of watches, clocks and jewellery and their condition in this catalogue as a service to prospective buyers. Any such description or condition are statements of opinion for general guidance and should not be treated as statements of fact.
All lots are sold “AS IS” at the moment of “knockdown”, described to the best of our knowledge and cannot be cancelled or returned on the grounds that repairs have been made or parts supplied by anyone than the named makers. All watches and jewellery shall be viewed personally to evaluate their condition prior to the auction.
Although we endeavour to mention in our descriptions significant defects, needed repairs, absent stones, we do not guarantee that the descriptions are comprehensive.
Please note that descriptions may not specify all mechanical and technical defects, replacement of original parts, or authenticity of individual component parts (such as wheels, hands, crowns, crystals, screws, bracelets, buckles, deployment clasps and leather bands since subsequent repairs and restoration work may have resulted without Antiquorum’s knowledge.)
Furthermore, we make no judgments as to whether diamond dials, diamond bezels and precious stones were originated from the factory or added later.
We do not guarantee the accuracy or operation of any watch function such as timekeeping, chronograph, calendar, repeat or register.
Buyers are advised that boxes, certificates or any other accessories are not available unless stated otherwise.
The dimensions given in the catalogue descriptions are overall from tip to tip and most often include the lugs. Buyers of water-resistant and waterproof watches are strongly encouraged to have such watches inspected by a competent watchmaker of their choice upon purchase since these watches have been opened by the Antiquorum watch experts during cataloguing.
Watches and jewellery may not be taken apart whilst on view without consent of Antiquorum’s watch experts.
Antiquorum will accept requests for condition reports with additional photographs via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To best accommodate any requests, please submit all inquiries no later than two days prior to the sale date.
Kindly limit the number of requests to the lots of serious interest. Antiquorum shall have no responsibility for any error or omission in the condition reports and may not specify all mechanical and technical replacements, imperfections, repairs, restorations or the effects of ageing in the movement, case or dial.
• Antiquorum Geneva now takes credit cards as payment for lots won at auction.
• 1.8% service charge for MasterCard and Visa and 2.05% service charge for American Express.
• For buyers having paid by credit card, a shipping delay of 3 to 7 working days may apply in order to do additional controls.
In addition to the hammer price, the buyer’s premium is payable as follows:
25% of the hammer price on each lot up to and including CHF 500,000,
20% from CHF 500,001 to CHF 5,000,000 and
12% for all amounts in excess of CHF 5,000,001.
IMPORT/EXPORT RESTRICTIONS AND TAXES
Buyers are advised that Antiquorum will remove bands made of materials derived from endangered or protected species (i.e. alligator, caiman, lizard, snake…) prior to shipping lots abroad.
Buyers are responsible for compliance with any applicable export and import regulations. Moreover certain items made of tortoiseshell, ivory, coral may be subject to importation restrictions in certain countries. Please consult your local customs authority for information on importing items made of these materials. The Buyer is responsible for the payment of all applicable import and export duties and taxes related to the lots purchased.
SHIPPING AND INSURANCE
Winning lots (watches and jewellery only) will be available for pick up at our Geneva office for buyers having selected the collect point Geneva and at our Hong Kong office for buyers having selected the collect point Hong Kong.
All others will be shipped directly to their location as per buyer‘s instructions.
Please note that buyers are responsible for all shipping fees and any other applicable fees including value added tax, customs duties etc, for importation to their respective countries.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – SPECIAL CONDITIONS
The lots are sold “as is”, described to the best of our knowledge and cannot be cancelled or returned.
Please look carefully at all the photos as they are an integral part of the description. Any defect not mentioned in the descriptions but visible on the photos will be considered as described and cannot lead to any claim.
The dimensions are given as an indication and may slightly differ from the measures mentioned by the manufacturers especially for contemporary watches. Colors may differ from reality.
For timepieces, we neither guarantee the functioning nor the precision of the movement, nor the water-resistance of the case. In addition, please note that movements, parts of mechanisms or cases may be incomplete.
THE AUCTION PROCESS
The auction process is not as daunting as you may think, especially if you have selected Antiquorum as your auctioneer.
Antiquorum and its team of experts strive to help you, the client, to buy and sell at the auction with ease and confidence.
To walk you through the process, Antiquorum has outlined the important steps you should know in order to successfully purchase or consign timepieces and jewellery at auction.
THE AUCTION CATALOGUE
Lot descriptions provide technical data carefully compiled by our experts for each lot in the sale and are often enhanced by historical or biographical comments.
• Estimates are listed at the end of each lot description and are an indication of the price range the lot is expected to fetch. Estimates do not include the buyer’s premium or sales tax.
• An estimate indicated by three stars ***, advises clients to contact Antiquorum for more information.
• Condition Reports are given for each lot in the catalogue based on a grading system developed by Antiquorum’s experts. This grading system is described in the lot.
• Buyers are advised to read the Conditions of Sale and Important Notices (at the end of the auction catalogue or online) before bidding at auction.
• Auction catalogue can be viewed at www.antiquorum.swiss.
REGISTERING TO BID IN THE AUCTION
Each client wishing to bid at the auction is required to register at the latest two hours before the sale.
Auctions are conducted in Swiss Francs in Geneva and in HK Dollars in Hong Kong.
Bidding usually opens at the minimum price for which the lot can be sold and advances in increments.
LOTS SOLD WITHOUT RESERVE
When the entire first part of the description is in red, this indicates that the lot is to be sold without reserve, it is also stated beneath or alongside the description.
Payments for purchased lots at any Antiquorum auction is due within 7 days of the sale date.
• For traditional auctions, the buyer’s premium is: 25% of the hammer price on each lot up to and including CHF 500,000, 20% from CHF 500,001 to CHF 5,000,000 and 12% for all amounts in excess of CHF 5,000,001.
• Extended payment terms or special credit terms can be arranged on occasion.
• For information regarding payment policies, please contact the accounting department at Antiquorum Geneva, tel. +41 (0) 22 909 28 50.
• PAYMENT METHODS, payments may be submitted in cash, by wire transfer or credit card (restrictions apply).
• WIRE TRANSFER, please refer to the wire transfer instructions as shown on your buyer invoice.
• CASH is limited to the equivalent of CHF 10,000.
• CREDIT CARDS, major credit cards are accepted (1.8% service charge for MasterCard and Visa and 2.05% service charge for American Express).
For collection of lots purchased, the buyer will need to contact Antiquorum with instructions.
Collection of purchased lots can only take place once the invoice has been paid in full. For more details, contact Antiquorum Geneva, tel. +41 (0) 22 909 28 50.
SHIPPING & INSURANCE
Winning lots (watches and jewellery only) are available for pick up at our Geneva office for buyers having selected the collect point Geneva and at our Hong Kong office for buyers having selected the collect point Hong Kong. All others will be shipped directly to their location as per buyer‘s instructions.
Please note that buyers are responsible for all shipping fees and any other applicable fees including value added tax, customs duties, etc, for importation to their respective countries.
1% of the hammer price plus premium will be charged to cover the insurance liability, as according to law once the hammer falls the buyer is responsible for the insurance of the lot.
Please note Antiquorum is not responsible for shipping clocks, furnitures, voluminous and/or fragile items. Our shipping department will assist you in choosing a third party crating service.
ONLINE BIDDER REGISTRATION
On Antiquorum’s fully secure website, www.antiquorum.swiss, the following steps must be completed by prospective buyers:
• Register, providing the bidder’s name, address, telephone number, email address and a requested credit limit for online bidding.
NOTE: First time bidders are required to provide a valid ID (passport, identity card or driver licence). In some cases, Antiquorum may impose a credit limit to the online applicant, in which case the amended credit limit will be communicated to the client upon receipt of the registration form.
• Accept Antiquorum’s terms and conditions of sale.
• By clicking on “Confirm bid ” I accept the sale terms and conditions
• Approved bidders will receive a confirmation email. Once the auction catalogue is available online, prospective buyers can register online to bid.
For additional information about the online bidding system, terms and conditions of use and sale, please visit www.antiquorum.swiss.
Antiquorum’s fully secured online bidding system allows prospective buyers to place online bids directly through www.antiquorum.swiss for all traditional auctions worldwide.
THE SYSTEM OFFERS MANY FEATURES TO FACILITATE
THE ONLINE BIDDING PROCESS:
• The lot number with its image and description.
• Auction items have a “Place Bid” button next to a box for entering bids and show a “current bid” price.
• Lot items are opened to bids for a predetermined amount of time (countdown).
• When time is up, the item is declared “sold” to the highest bidder.
• If the maximum bid you entered is higher than the bids entered by anyone else so far, you become the new high bidder. The system bids on your behalf until you are outbid.
• If your maximum bid is not the highest bid entered so far, the system registers your bid but continues to bid on behalf of the high bidder, automatically outbidding you by one bid increment.
• The system continues to automatically bid on behalf of whoever is the highest bidder at the moment, up to and including their maximum, until the lot auction countdown runs out.
• The system will automatically increase your bid by the bid increment, only if you have been outbid, until it reaches your MAXIMUM BID.
• Changing your bid: you may change your bid at anytime between the posting date and the closing date, but your bid cannot be deleted
• Once the bid is placed it cannot be cancelled.
• Antiquorum cannot be held responsible for errors, omissions in the online system.
• Lots in this sale are sold “as is” and cannot be cancelled or returned.